After a short passage in the wool industry of Verviers, Henri PIEPER born with SOEST the 30.10.1840 established in LIEGE in 1866 and melts a workshop of arms manufacture there.
Very quickly, PIEPER launches out in the mechanization of its weapons, new thing in the landscape arms manufacturer of Liège which remained about it with the manual production in residence.
The workshops of PIEPER develop quickly and take extension, in particular by a barrel factory with NESSONVAUX.
In a few years, the weapons of firm PIEPER acquire broad famous for their quality and their moderate price.
In 1898, Henri PIEPER dies and the firm continue under the denomination of "ETABLISEMENTS PIEPER".
In 1905, the diversification of production, whose cars, not being a success, the company is completely altered including the direction. Thus Nicolas PIEPER son of the founder, leaves the company definitively.
The new company, " LES ANCIENS ETABLISSEMENTS PIEPER ", is devoted only to the production of weapons.
The annual output was then 60.000 shotguns, 30.000 guns automatic, 30.000 rifles and 12 million cartridges.
The company will last until 1954 and disappeared in 1956-1957.
1) Firm of Henri Pieper (approx. 1859-1898)
2) La société anonyme des Ets Pieper factories in Liege, street of Bayards (direction: Nicolas Pieper) and in Nessonvaux (direction Armand Pieper) - (1898-1905)
3) La société anonyme des Anciens Etablissements Pieper initially in Liege and Nessonvaux (1905-1907) then Small street Foxhalle with Herstal (1907-1957).
4) Manufacture of weapons Nicolas Pieper (1905-1933)
Back to "IDENTIFIED CRAFTSMEN"